One of the most shocking accusations of the Obama administrations has been the detractors labeling of his efforts as a move toward socialism, when is fact history shows Obama’s roots and early years are more closely tied to strict Maoist beliefs. Where socialism has its base beliefs in Egalitarianism (the removal of economic inequalities), Maoism is rooted in the revolutionary struggle of the people against the exploiting classes and there state structures, in short the Proletariat (a social class devoid of wealth) overthrows the bourgeoisie (middle or merchant class). Or in Obama’s own words “spreading the wealth” which was mistaken for socialism.
Maoism, first became apparent in the United States when the Black Panther Party (for self-defense) was originated by Huey P. Newton in the mid 60’s. The tenant or ten commandments of the organization called for, Land, Bread, Housing, Education, Clothing, Justice and Peace in its “Ten Point Program” listed below.
The Ten Point Program was as follows:
1. We want power to determine the destiny of our black and oppressed communities’ education that teaches us our true history and our role in the present day society.
2. We want completely free health care for all black and oppressed people.
3. We want an immediate end to police brutality and murder of black people, other people of color, and all oppressed people inside the United States.
4. We want an immediate end to all wars of aggression.
5. We want full employment for our people.
6. We want an end to the robbery by the capitalists of our Black Community.
7. We want decent housing, fit for the shelter of human beings.
8. We want decent education for our people that exposes the true nature of this decadent American society.
9. We want freedom for all black and oppressed people now held in U. S. Federal, state, county, city and military prisons and jails. We want trials by a jury of peers for all persons charged with so-called crimes under the laws of this country.
10. We want land, bread, housing, education, clothing, justice, peace and people’s community control of modern technology.
President Obamas previous background has been basically expunged, but if one looks at the past “documented” associations of our current president it will show a who’s who of “social activism”. As brought up in the campaign and at the top of the list, Bill Ayers, who’s antiwar movement in the 60’s is legendary primarily for it violent nature, but others also appear and in no particular order, Jeff Jones, Van Jones, Carl Davidson, Mike Klonsky, and lastly Betita Martinez. I find the comments from Dr. Marable the founder of the “New Party” of which President Obama joined in 1995 most telling.
“What makes Obama different is that he has also been a community organizer. He has read left literature, including my works, and he understands what socialism is. A lot of the people working with him are, indeed, socialists with backgrounds in the Communist Party or as independent Marxists. There are a lot of people like that in Chicago who have worked with him for years”
“My argument is simple. The left must force him to carry out the agenda he promised, and that includes a national healthcare system…That is the number-three priority. The main priority is ending the war in Iraq. The second is the economic crisis. We need a robust Keynesian approach to employment and investment in infrastructure – a lot of the bridges built by the works projects administration of Franklin D Roosevelt 75 years ago need to be rebuilt and the roads are crumbling”.
Pretty clear in that the foundation for the current administration and its association with the primary social activists of the past is not the platform used to win the 2008 election. Pure Chicago politics utilizing grass roots social activism which has expanded exponentially and growing daily. With Obama as there leader, combined with the apparently endless supply of money from Soros and the assistance of the MDS, and newly ignited SDA, the message is being carefully crafted as not to alert the generally excitable public which is focused on the headlines the liberal media put’s in front of them daily as a distraction of the efforts of the “Obama Machine”
This machine, is expanding via the internet utilizing web pages such as Change.org, Whitehouse.gov, mybarackoboma.com where the basic premise is to expand the message for social activism, and change. The proposed change that has become apparent is not the change President Obama stumped for in the last election, this has become obvious by the appointments of the various Czars which will be covered in another post, this is clearly not change we can believe in!!!
List of web sites and information about the ‘New Obama Paradigm”